Applications Open: UKTI India Trip to Big Tent Activate Delhi - 21 March
UKTI and Guardian Activate have joined forces to provide a fantastic opportunity to visit India for a special invite-only day conference on Mar 21 - Big Tent Activate Summit New Delhi at the Taj Palace Hotel in New Delhi.
Space is very limited for this high profile event which features Google's Chairman, Eric Schmidt, reknowned commentator Jeff Jarvis, new TCIO boss Joanna Shields, Google's MD India Rajan Anandan, advisor to India PM Sam Pitroda, Guardian Editor, Alan Rusbridger amongst a host of others.
Apply to join the trip and secure a place at the event, a travel grant of £550 towards flights/hotel and additional activity planned by UKTI's team in Delhi.
At this ‘Big Tent’ event, The Guardian's team along with Google are bringing together leading Indian and international experts to discuss the changes the Internet is bringing to India, culturally, economically and to forecast those to come.
The Internet has already changed India. But we’re only at the beginning of a significant transformation as we move from just over 100 million to more than a billion Indians online in the near future.
- Can India gain a global competitive edge by enabling the full economic potential of the Internet?
- Will the Internet dilute Indian culture, or can it help preserve and share it locally and globally?
- How is the Internet already changing the democratic process, and what will happen as many more constituents come online?
The event includes top-level global speakers including:
- Eric Schmidt, Executive Chairman, Google
- Alan Rusbridger, Editor-In-Chief, The Guardian
- Rajan Anandan, Managing Director, Google India
- Stephanie Cutter, Political Consultant
- Umar Saif, LUMS School of Science and Engineering
- Amit Sood, Director Cultural Institute, Google
- Raghav Bahl, Managing Director, Network18
- Sam Pitroda, Advisor to the Indian Prime Minister
- Jeff Jarvis, CUNY Graduate School of Journalism
- Sajeeb Wazed, IT Expert
Photo (cc) FriskoDude.