Last chance: Digital Mission NYC (22-26 Feb) including Social Media Week, Facebook, VaynerMedia, WeWork, PSFK
The Digital Mission NYC is almost here (22-26 Feb) and you're in luck, there's a couple of places up for grabs if you'd like to join some of the UK's top tech startups and agencies in the Big Apple. Apply here.
The trip organised by Chinwag and UK Trade & Investment USA includes a specially-designed week long programme of the Big Apple's top tier digital media, marketing and advertising players including Facebook, VaynerMedia, WeWork, PSFK, a VC panel, a VIP reception at the HM Consul General's residence in NYC and lots more.
Based in London? More good news. Thanks to UKTI London there are a limited number of grants towards travel/accommodation.
The mission also takes in Social Media Week NYC Insider Pass providing access to 150+ speakers, workshops, the exclusive opening event and the infamous closing party.
This mission is perfect for both tech startups and agencies covering media, marketing, content, mobile and social media including AdTech, MarketingTech, MediaTech, analytics and, of course, social media.
The aim, by the end of the week, is to empower companies with enough information and contacts to plan your US expansion.
About Social Media Week New York
Social Media Week is a worldwide event exploring the social, cultural, and economic impact of social media. Social Media Week New York 2016 is taking place from 22-26 February at The Times Center and The SVA Theater.
Last year SMWNYC included 150 events with over 320 speakers, speakers announced for this year include:
- Mark Thompson, CEO of The New York Times
- Alex Blumburg, CEO of Gimlet Media
- Jennifer Betka, CMO of StubHub
- Evan Shapiro, EVP, Digital Enterprises of NBCUniversal
- Ricky Van Veen, Co-Founder of CollegeHumor
- Dan Harmon, Creator of “HarmonQuest,” “Community” and “Rick and Morty”
- Sean Foster, Chief Executive Officer of Crowdtap
- Kate Lewis, SVP and Editorial Director of Hearst Magazines Digital Media
- Kevin Knight, Head of Creative and Brand Strategy of Pinterest
- Lisa Weinstein, President of Global Digital, Data & Analytics of Starcom Media Group
- Camille Hackney, EVP Brand Partnerships & Licensing of Atlantic Records
- Ian Schafer, Founder and Chairman of Deep Focus
- Joahne Carter, VP Marketing of Ricola
What’s Included in Digital Mission NYC 2016?
The programme will be tailored around the attending company objectives. Typically, this includes:
- Confirmed meetings include: Facebook, Vaynermedia, PSFK, WeWork
- Speakers include: NYCEDC, Brandwatch, Econsultancy, Colliers International, Santander, Thomson Reuters, McCann, Edelman, New York Times & more
- VIP reception at HM Consul General's residence
- SMWNYC exclusive opening reception at Ogilvy & Mather
- SMWNYC Insider Pass:
- access to all official SMW sessions
- access to masterclasses and interactive demos
- Dedicated networking & co-working areas
- Entry to the official SMW party
- Exclusive insider networking events
- Mission lookbook, website & marketing
- Pre-Mission briefing in the UK
- Visits to Accelerators and Incubator spaces in New York
- Masterclass on US Business, venture capital
- Roundtables with potential clients, connectors and local experts
How much does it cost?
We have a limited amount of discounted places going for £799+VAT. Please note that delegates are responsible their own travel and accommodation costs, although we're happy to offer recommendations for flights and hotels.
NB. For London companies who are new to NYC i.e. don't have an office yet a small number of £500 grants are available towards travel/accommodation. These are paid retrospectively and apologies, there's a bit of extra paperwork. But hey, grants!
Where do I sign up?
Companies can apply here.
It's worth noting that places are allocated to qualifying companies on a first-come, first-served basis i.e. you snooze, you lose!
For our other events and missions in 2016 including trips to China, register your interest here.
For any other queries, ping us an email missionchinwag [dot] com.