13 Handy Sites for SXSW 2013 (International Style)
Eulogised, mythologised and other -oligised, South by South West Interactive (SXSW) is hard to ignore, even if you're not a fan. Tens of thousands of delegates flock to Austin, Texas for five days of conference, networking and not to be forgotten the parties.
For the several thousand international delegates, the UK being the largest group, it can be a little daunting. The official schedule alone will take several hours to navigate. So, we've pulled together thirteen - it's lucky, right? - handy resources to help those intrepid travellers to Texas navigate SXSW.
- Lanyrd’s Unofficial Guide to SXSW events
- 50 Essential Tips to being a SXSW Rockstar
- Ticket service Eventbrite’s list of SXSW events
- SXSW Party Guide mobile app from developers Shout ‘Em
- NYC events maestro Gary’s Guide list of SXSW events
- SXSW Insider’s Guide from ffvc
- Dave Delaney’s 32 essential tips for SXSW
- Moo.com’s SXSW free 100 mini business card offer
- The UK’s Tech City events at Hackney House in Austin
- Events and networking at German Haus @ SXSW 2013
- The Great British Breakfast returns to Austin
- Buzzshift’s Ultimate SXSW 2013 Party List
- Raul Colon’s Tips & Guides for SXSW
<plug>We're almost too modest to mention our Doing Business in the USA summit taking place this Fri (8 Mar). Almost. If you're setting up or expanding your business in the US, it's designed specifically for you, with an awesome line-up of speakers, lunch and post-event networking with Austin's tech elite. Click here for info and tickets.</plug>
As well as the event, I'll be knocking around some of the events above and looking out for familiar faces and accents. Keep an eye out for the bowler hat and say 'hi' if you spot me or catch up on twitter: @toodlepip.
Photo (cc) alexdecavalho.