IC tomorrow Launches £175k Media-focused Digital Innovation Contest 2013
Government backed IC tomorrow, part of the Technology Strategy has launched its latest competition, Digital Innovation Contest 2013, with up to 7 awards of £25,000 up for grabs.
Backed by HarperCollins, Constable & Robinson, MediaCom, Ogilvy Mather UK Group and JCDecaux, FremantleMedia UK, Samsung, and YouTube, it focuses on media, publishing, mobile content and outdoor media.
Entries in this competition should focus on the challenges set out by IC tomorrow's partners, according to their website:
- Beyond the eBook, in partnership with HarperCollins
- Social and recommendation, in partnership with Constable & Robinson
- Next generation location specific advertising, in partnership with MediaCom
- Innovation in digital out-of-home advertising for brands and advertisers, in partnership with Ogilvy Mather UK Group and JCDecaux
- Enhanced digital content, in partnership with FremantleMedia UK
- Developing the TV, in partnership with Samsung
- Exploring mobile-influenced content, in partnership with YouTube
IC tomorrow and TSB competitions are always worth taking a look at, despite the paperwork the funding comes with few strings with participants keeping hold of the IP with market access through partners,
"In addition to the £25,000 of funding, winners of the ‘Digital Innovation Contest 2013’ will retain their intellectual property and benefit from the valuable opportunity to establish an early customer for their new technology, by running a minimum three-month trial with the relevant contest partner."
Deadline for submissions to the contest is 12 noon, Wednesday 24 April and be warned, they're strict with deadlines.
Photo (cc) Mark Cridge.