The £800m Elephant in the Room: Social Inside the Enterprise hosted McKinsey & Co
While 72 percent of companies use social technologies in some way, very few are anywhere near to achieving the full potential benefit. In fact, the most powerful applications of social technologies in the global economy are largely untapped. Companies will go on developing ways to reach consumers through social technologies and gathering insights for product development, marketing, and customer service.
The McKinsey Global Institute (MGI) finds that twice as much potential value lies in using social tools to enhance communications, knowledge sharing, and collaboration within and across enterprises. MGI’s estimates suggest that by fully implementing social technologies, companies have an opportunity to raise the productivity of interaction workers—high-skill knowledge workers, including managers and professionals—by 20 to 25 percent.
McKinsey Global Institute principal Michael Chui discusses the potential value in using social tools to enhance communications, knowledge sharing, and collaboration within and across enterprises. He'll be joined by an expert panel who'll reflect and discuss the dramatic changes 'social' is making inside the enterprise.
Speaker: Michael Chui, McKinsey Global Institute
Barney O'Kelly, Freshfields
Tejal Patel, Nokia
10:45am Arrive & Registration
11am - 12:15pm Presentation & Panel Discussion
Presentation from McKinsey Global Institute Principal, Michael Chui
Panel Discussion including confirmed speakers Barney O'Kelly and Tejal Patel
12:15pm - 1pm Networking lunch
- Michael Chui, Principal at McKinsey & Co - http://www.linkedin.com/pub/michael-chui/ - @mchui
- Barney O'Kelly, Senior Manager, Digital Communications at Freshfields - http://www.linkedin.com/in/barneyokelly - @barneyokelly
- Tejal Patel, Global Digital Marketing at Nokia - http://www.linkedin.com/in/tejal - @TejP
- JP Rangaswami, Chief Scientist at Salesforce - http://www.linkedin.com/in/jprangaswami - @jobsworth
- Will McInnes, Managing Director at Nixon McInnes - http://uk.linkedin.com/in/willmcinnes - @willmcinnes