Making Social Work for your Business, hosted by Oracle
The rise of social media has dramatically changed the way people communicate…irrevocably.
The explosion of social has been tremendous, as Facebook closes in on one billion consumers and Twitter approaches 200 million, not to mention emerging platforms like Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.
It’s also clear that companies are fast waking up to the power and value of social. Some organisations have already embraced social and are up and running; using it to connect marketing, sales, commerce and customer service together for an enhanced customer experience, through seamless, real-time responsiveness and high-touch engagement. Others are more tentative and questions remain over value, measurement and how to scale social campaigns.
During Oracle’s session from 9am on 25th September 2012 a number of issues will be explored:
- how do you convince an internal audience on the value of social?
- how do you measure social and communicate ROI?
- how can your organisation engage on both global & local levels via social?
Oracle will be hosting this session, and bringing together insight on all those issues from representatives at Maersk, MediaCom, We Are Social, Starcom, IPC and Luxury Hotels of the World via three sessions during the morning, each session will be followed by a Q&A hosted by Facebook with an opportunity for one-to-one social media health check sessions - book yours now.
Richard Beattie, Senior Director Social, Oracle
9am: Representatives from MediaCom and Maersk will be discussing How to communicate the value of social internally within an organisation with:
- Jonathan Wichmann, Head of Social Media, Maersk
- Ivan Fernandez, Global Director Social Media Technology, MediaCom
10am: In this second session the all important question of ROI and measuring the value of social in an organisation will be explored from the experiences of:
- Mat Morrison, Social Media Strategy Director, Starcom MediaVest Group
- Cathy Ma, Head of Social Media, IPC
11am: The final session will look at how your organisation can be relevant in engaging on both global and local levels via social media, with:
- Robin Grant, Global Managing Director, We are Social
- Marco Fanton, Head of Social Media, Luxury Hotels Group
12pm: Oracle will also be hosting opt-in Social Surgery sessions to give organisations the opportunity for one-to-one social health checks. The session will give organisations the opportunity for one-to-one social media health checks with Oracle experts, who will discuss current social media activity in order to advise on future campaigns.
Book for One-to-One Social Surgery:
If you would like to take part in the social media health checks then please click here to register.
- Richard Beattie, Senior Director Social, Oracle - Linkedin
- Jonathan Wichmann, Head of Social Media, Maersk Line - Linkedin - @JonathanWich
- Ivan Fernandez, Global Director Social Media Technology, MediaCom - Linkedin - @ivan2012
- Mat Morrison, Social Media Strategy Director, Starcom MediaVest Group - Linkedin - @mediaczar
- Cathy Ma, Head of Social Media, IPC - Linkedin - @cathyma
- Robin Grant, Global Managing Director, We are Social - Linkedin - @robingrant
- Marco Fanton, Head of Social Media, Luxury Hotels Group - Linkedin - @marcofanton