Using Social to go Global supported by Open to Export
Want to take your business global? Find out how to use social media, online communities and collaborative tools can help build your company’s international business.
Opening with a spot of networking over coffee, we’ll discover Open to Export, the exciting new service from UK Trade & Investment and Yell, which help small fast-growing firms find the answers they need to develop their global potential.
Hear from We Are Social, Naked Wines, Nokia on how they used social technology to ‘go global’. Find out what hurdles they had to overcome, what worked, what didn’t and quiz them on their plans for the future at this free event.
Joined by country-sector experts from UKTI and a leading law firm, there’ll be a chance to quiz the experts on the USA and other fast-growing countries and to expore Open to Export, which provides a platform to bring these communities and knowledge together.
With an informal networking lunch to round off the session, there’ll be time to mingle, network and chat informally with the speakers and delegates.
10:00am - Registration & coffee
Grab a coffee, mingle with the delegates and get together your questions for the panel
10:30am - Presentations and Q&A
Collaborating to go Global - UKTI & Yell to discuss Open to Export
Cracking Global Corporates - how to win work from global multinationals
Using Social & Collaboration to Build Your Export Business: Case Studies, Presentation & Discussion
12:30 pm - 2pm - Quiz the Experts over Lunch
Tuck into a light networking lunch and grab the opportunity to spend one-to-one time with experts from UKTI’s team of International Trade Advisors, country and export advice experts from the Open to Export platform and beyond.
- Was Rahman, Advisor - Global Technology Industry at UK Trade & Investment - http://uk.linkedin.com/in/wrahman
- Philip Montague, Head of Public Sector Partnerships at Yell - http://uk.linkedin.com/in/philipmontague
- Nitin Dahad, Sector Specialist at UK Trade & Investment - http://uk.linkedin.com/in/nitindahad - @ndahad
- Beth Eisen, Commercial Officer (NYC) at UK Trade & Investment - http://www.linkedin.com/pub/beth-eisen/20/238/676 - @UKTITechNY
- Chris Schaumann, Director Advocacy, Europe at Nokia - http://uk.linkedin.com/in/chrissch - @Chriss35
- George Berkowski, Hailo - http://uk.linkedin.com/in/berkowski - @spacekowboy
- Eamon Fitzgerald, COO at Naked Wines - http://uk.linkedin.com/in/eamonfitzgerald - @grape_escape
- Robin Grant, Global Managing Director, We are Social - http://uk.linkedin.com/in/robingrant - @robingrant
Open to Export is an innovative new online service giving you access to a wealth of information, helping you to consider new markets and find new customers overseas. If you have a question about exporting, then post it on the Open to Export platform. You’ll receive answers from UKtrade officers in Embassies and High Commissions, as well as recognised experts around the world.
Register for free today for the help you need to grow your business overseas.