Subject: Re: Pls test site - loading wierdness
From: Jan van Boesschoten
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 08:35:20 +0100

Works fine on IE4, NV4 with flash 3 plugin

Cheers

Jan van Boesschoten
jvbatmediaplaza [dot] nl

>>> Wayne Townsend <waynetattopher [dot] net> 04/21/98 07:31PM >>>

Hi Guys,

I'd appreciate it if you would test this Flash website for me. There's
stuff going on I can't explain.

Read before you click pls:

I'm looking at it on Mac NS 4.4. Downloaded the SW plug-n at the announcement.
BTW, what's the url for the flash3 plug-n?

The movie is 88k. Trust me, it's 88k. It's an F2 because I'm scared to do
an F3 on a commercial project because I'm woried that the demo will time
out before F3 ships. Unfounded?

At any rate... It's 88k. There is nothing in the report that would
indicate otherwise.

But the initial load says 180K!
To add insult to injury, then it goes onto load another 94k! something.
And then, sometimes the browser will hang for 10-15 sec. after the load.

Are you seeing this?

I've never seen anything like this before.
Where is it getting these numbers from & what is it downloading? The
browser seems to be right because it takes the appropriate time.

Note: Only the first two items in the sitemap are live. Don't click the
other ones because the have links from the old version.

Pls help.

Are you seeing these loading numbers as well? Any ideas about what is
going on here?

http://www.cdmaonline.com/website/test3.htm

TIA,

/w

Wayne Townsend
WebStaffing.Net
Dallas, Texas
US- 972.713.8705
waynetatTopher [dot] Net (mailto:waynetatTopher [dot] Net)
wayneatWebStaffing [dot] Net (mailto:wayneatWebStaffing [dot] Net)
gscatOnRamp [dot] Net