Subject: Mouse Delta
From: Alan Alston
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 12:35:12 +0100

Just an idea for the guys at Macromedia - before you ship Flash 3:
We develop a couple of screensavers for clients, mostly in Flash,
which are then taken into Director via the Flash Asset Xtra, and
saved as a projector, and then into Cinemac.
Average file size: +- 2 megs.
However, now with the Flash standalone engin, it is possible to use
the same Flash file, create a Flash standalone player, ship that
straight into Cinemac to create the same, although much slimmer,
screensaver.
Average file size: 500k !
We bypass Director and the Flash Asset Xtra!!!
At the same time we can set playback to fullscreen, regardless of the
monitor size of the client, via the fs-action!!
Only one, small problem arises:
To quit the initial Director/Flash screensaver I scripted the
projector to quit on any mouse interaction, as well as turning the
cursor invisible.
(conventional screensaver ethics)
However with the new Flash screensaver, there
is no action yet that picks up mouseDelta to automatically quit.
(My other option is obviously to build a quit button.)
How about it Macromedia, the actions are great, how about building in
one or two more?

Regards

alanatarmadillo [dot] co [dot] za
Cape Town. SA