Subject: Re: Graphics Tablet
From: James Steincamp
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 02:59:28 +0100

>Tony Alley wrote:
>>
>> ...anyone using a Graphics Tablet with Flash2? ...any recommendations?
>> ...compatibility issues?
>>
>> I'm running Flash on a Mac...considering a SMALL ArtZ or UltraSlate
>> (Wacom / CalComp). Gotta' be CHEAP!
>>
>> Thanks...Tony Alley
>
>Hiya Tony,
>
>I use a Wacom artzii 12x12. Dont, I repeat dont buy Calcomp. Total
>waste of money.
>
>Wacoms a breeze, but not cheap. Try pricing their 6x8.
>I think you can pick it up for a couple of hundred.
>
>-D

Ditto for me... i got the ArtzII 6x8 at MacWorld Boston last year for $250
(it's usually around $320) and it has pretty much replaced my mouse. The
difference in quality makes Wacom the natural choice.

The only compatibility issue is that if you use a language kit (Japanese,
etc.), when you attempt to define application preferences within the Wacom
control panel your machine will lock up (OS 8.x only and only with the
updater that is supposed to make the language kits OS8 compatible... this
is also true for any control panel where you have the option of adding
items, like ColourSynch or PCExchange). Apple knows this and has pledged
to fix it.

Other than that it has caused me to dread going to my real job and working
with a mouse.

-james