Subject: Re: re-loading browser
From: Shaun
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 15:17:21 +0100

Dave Smith wrote:

> Experiment:
>
> I have a "enter"(html) button on my front page under a flash movie.
> The flash movie is there to notify the viewer if hes got the plug-in.
> I want the enter button to re-open the browser again with no tool bar
> or url bar, with a Flash movie in the "re-opened" browser containing
> it's own
> navigation tool bar.
>
> Is this possible for IE3&4 AND NS3&4.
> Is there a script out there for this?

Hey Dave, here's a script that works on NS3&4 and MSE3, don't know about
MSE4.0,
but it should.

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE='JavaScript'>

<!-- hide from non-JavaScript-enabled browsers

function windowOpener() {
msgWindow=window.open("","displayWindow","menubar=yes")
msgWindow.document.write

}

//done hiding-->

</SCRIPT>

Now, in your html, use this,

<FORM NAME="myform">
<INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="Button1" VALUE="The title of your page"
onClick="window.open
('yourpage.html', 'newWin', 'scrollbars=yes,status=yes')">
</FORM>

if you're using a graphic for an enter button, you'll have to change the
form input type to
an image, but I can't recall how to do this. If you find out let me
know.

I use this script to open a new window in a few of my sites, it gets rid
of the toolbars
and gives the visitor a lot more viewing space.

Hope this helps, later

Doug
dougatbenoit [dot] net
http://doug.benoit.net