Subject: Re: FLASH: Server Saga Continues...
From: John Croteau
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 23:30:18 +0100

Hi Anne,

> Note: I had some MIME setting problems on my host server which were
> corrected yesterday. Yesterday files were viewable in IE and Netscape
What changed between yesterday and today. It wasn't the MIME.

> I am able to view the file on Netscape today but am having problems on
> IE4 and reported problems on @ Home/Internet Explorer. IE browsers are
> not receiving the proper .swf extension because they are being
> redirected to the shockwave detect page.
> I believe this is a server side problem so I have directed my ISP to
> John C's server set up instructions: "Setting MIME for IIS version 4.0
> Servers"
All I know so far is that your ISP is going to hate me.
They are only responsible if the MIME is not set. It is.
If read my page again you will see that MSIE 3+ Win 95/98/NT browsers
are the only ones that don't rely on MIME.

IE 3 plays fine for me.
Netscape 3 has javascript error Line 57 map has no property name
GotoFrame
and doesn't work.
Netsape 4 plays OK.

First make sure your Browser has the Flash 3 ActiveX control.
Please descibe where the movie fails and how.