Subject: Re: Attachments -- ATTN: ListMom Was "FLASH: Larry's site"
From: Sam Michel
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 11:16:44 +0100

Hello Frederico,

I haven't set the list server to strip off attachments in the past, purely
due to the volume of email this would involve filtering through. However,
it does seem to be getting a bigger problem and with the number of people
on the list now, anything that conserves bandwidth is a good thing. I don't
think it will affect the list adversely.

I'll let everyone know when I've had a chance to sort this out. In the
meantime, I hope you'll bear with me.

Toodle Pip

Sam

At 02:28 29/04/99 -0600, you wrote:
>On 4/29/1999 1:53 AM, John Croteau of croteauaterols [dot] com said:
>

>>Remember attachments should not be sent to this List (or most any other
>>one).
>
>Can someone please tell me why the ListMom doesn't just strip attachments
>from incoming mail, or deny mail that has it or HTML formatting? I've
>written to the owner twice on this issue, with no response. It seems a
>much simpler solution than repeating this struggle with new users and
>poorly designed email clients every other week.
>
>For us, this list is not authorized to send attachments to our server,
>and therefor sets off all kinds of virus alerts and generally causes
>problems until a human attends to it.
>
>Please, please, please, if you have been notified you are sending
>attachments or HTML-formatted mail to this or any other use-list, please
>use the links John provided and have some courtesy for others.
>
>And if the ListMom is listening, please just alter the client to
>strip/deny.
>
>Grazi
>
>TIA
>
>Frederico
>
>~These are the times that try Men's Souls~ Thomas Paine
>

> Columbine in Our Hearts

Toodle Pip

Sam