Subject: Re: FLASH: RE: Attachments/Outlook
From: Warren 'The Howdy Man' Ockrassa
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 14:59:44 +0100

Kevin Jackson wrote:

> On the other hand, it is rather interesting that we would all agree that
> FLASH should be used because it can create richer more compelling content
> and that formatted files (richer more compelling content) created by
> Outlook/Word are considered attachments.

True -- but when your inbox fills with on the order of 500 messages per
day due to listserv traffic (I'm subbed elsewhere too), file size
becomes very important.

Hence: Short quotes, no attachments, no HTML formatting is the going
rule on listservs, particularly high-traffic ones. They take up too much
room for no good reason whatsoever -- they don't improve the signal
content of the message, just the noise.

--WthmO