Subject: Re: FLASH: WB36! site check bugs and suggestions
From: Frederico
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 21:41:34 +0100

G3-300 NN4.08 Mac, detects and loads that main window based on size
(great idea), but when you try to resize the new or index window to max
out your screen, it crashes NN4.08Mac. This is repeatable.

This, for some odd reason, is not repeatable in NSC4.5, which (allegedly)
has the same 4.08 engine.

I don't see style sheets used, so I'm not sure which bug you're playing
with.

YourJS is inventive, to say the least, but I would strongly suggest you
rethink it to a server-side CGI detect/redirect, rather than depend on
all the bugs, quirks and general instability of the average browser, and
not to mention the slow connection or processor trying to render all of
that client-side JS.

It sure looks like your client will pay for a higher-end detect solution,
and you can even tell the user what size his monitor is for him, instead
of making/letting him choose.

Frederico

~These are the times that try Men's Souls~ Thomas Paine

Columbine in Our Hearts