Subject: FLASH: playback of all scenes
From: Dave Hollinden
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 19:42:03 +0100

Hi, I'm new to the list. Our team uses Flash alot in our work for clients
such as Disney's Daily Blast, RealNetworks and WGBH. I am primarily an
audio person, and I hope I can contribute to audio related questions as
they come up.

My question relates to Flash, streaming sounds, and playback of all scenes
in a multiple scene composition. Our group has alot of experience with
multiple scene movies with event sounds, and with single scene pieces using
streaming sounds (for RealFlash). Lately we've been working on multiple
scene projects using streaming sounds, and Flash stops playback at the end
of nearly every scene that has a streaming sound key frame in it (yep,
Control/Play All Scenes is enabled).

The final exported movie plays properly, but working in Flash is a pain
because we have to manually advance it into each new scene, and working on
overall timing is impossible. I've made some experiments with things like
putting empty key frames set for event at the end of the streaming sounds,
and have only gotten good results inconsistently.

Any help would be greatly appreciated by our entire staff.

TIA

Dave Hollinden
Sound Designer
Jet City Studios
2019 3rd Ave., Suite 100
Seattle, WA 98121
206-448-5854
dhollindenatjetcitystudios [dot] com (mailto:dhollindenatjetcitystudios [dot] com)