Subject: Re: FLASH: Capturing keyboard events to trigger Flash actions (per request)
From: Nigel Randsley-Pena
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 14:04:38 +0100

Ali Kim wrote:

> Hi,
> I tried to test your example with "moving red ball" and got an javascript error
> in MSIE 4.0 "No definition for _level0" and
> in Netscape 4.05 "Movie has no properties"
> Can you help me with this problem?

Sure can. First of all sorry for the errors included but instead of
cutting and pasting I typed in the script from memory. So here is the
correct script pasted, this one works, I double checked.

<-- Cut Below---

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!-- OK let's comment this out
document.onkeypress = keyHandler;
var IE=(typeof window.event=='object');

function keyHandler (e)
{
if (IE)
{
theKey = String.fromCharCode(event.keyCode);
}
else
{
theKey = String.fromCharCode(e.which);
}
react (theKey);
return false;
}

function react (key)
{
var theMovie = IE ? movie : document.movie;
if ( key =='a' || key =='A' )
{
if ( theMovie.TCurrentFrame('_level0')== 24)
theMovie.TGotoFrame('_level0', 0);
else
theMovie.TGotoFrame('_level0',
theMovie.TCurrentFrame('_level0') + 1);
}
if ( key =='s' || key =='S' )
{
if ( theMovie.TCurrentFrame('_level0')==0)
theMovie.TGotoFrame('_level0', 24)
else
theMovie.TGotoFrame('_level0',
theMovie.TCurrentFrame('_level0') -1);