Subject: RE: FLASH: Swift 3D
From: Paul Willoughby
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 23:20:40 +0100

I have to speak out in defence of SWIFT 3d (and no, i'm not getting paid for
this endorsement!) While i agree it is a bit 'kludgy', with a bit of
practice you can get good effects with it, 3d text, buttons etc. The
animation tools are pretty weak, but to get any real 3d into Flash is a
bonus at the price. If you don't have 3ds max (bloody expensive) and someone
who's good at using it (even more bloody expensive) then Swift 3d can help
make real enhancements to your site. Having said that, I agree it's not for
serious animators. Lets hope the next version is even better.
(my one serious gripe about s3d: your objects have to have a fill i.e. you
can't get the wire frame effect. to do this you have to import it into
flash, ungroup all the frames, fill in all the lines (not too difficult with
the ink bottle), then delete all the fills)

paul