Subject: Re: FLASH: Help! (Music On/Off)
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 17:56:02 GMT

At 08:02 PM 12/28/98 +0000, you wrote:
>Sorry about the delay - christmas and all - but rather than explain my
>problem for ages and get it wrong, I uploaded the same type of file here.
>
>http://www.obrach.com/testsound.swf

Hi Donna,

I cannot tell from the swf what the problem is. the directions i gave you
should work fine. If you are using scenes, however, that will cause
problems. The two alternatives are 1) eliminate the scenes by copying them
all over to one timeline; 2) put the sound clip into its own movie and use
LoadMovie to place it in a higher level. I recommend eliminating scenes (as
do virtually all seasoned Flash users) because they interfere with sound,
movie clips, and advance navigation techniques (TellTarget). Solution #2
is a good temporary fix, and will introduce you to the use of LoadMovie and
TellTarget, two very useful techniques.

Marc Hoffman