Subject: Re: FLASH: Tween Bug?
From: John Croteau
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 19:17:44 GMT

Hi Byron,

> I have discovered what I believe to be a bug in shape tweening; that, or it
> may simply be a limitation.
> I set up an example of how to simulate tweening an increase of kerning by
> breaking apart two text strings that have different kerning values applied
> and then shape tweening between them. (This was in response to another
> user's query.)

> I decided to decrease the 528x60-pixel stage size to only what was needed
> to display the tween (504x36), which I did by turning on the multiple frame
> edit and selecting all object, and then using the inspector, moving
> everything up and to the left by 12 pixels, then modifying the stage size
> accordingly.
> http://www.canfieldstudios.com/flash3/tweenbug/.

I believe the problem is caused by moving a shape tweened item. Shape
hints do not follow a shape hinted object when it is copied or moved. A
very irritating feature which we have discussed on several occasions.

Also, don't you think you should get the MIME set on your new server?
http://www.FlashCentral.com/Tech/Index.htm#Server

Those who haven't seen Byron's old site might want to check out
http://www.byronc.com/bscd.html where the MIME is set.

Need a PC ? -- Computer King --
http://www.crownmall.com/computers/