Subject: Re: EMERGENCY: opening application form a URL
From: Christian Gayton
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 13:54:21 GMT

Hello Christian,
Well, i tried the url in NS, and YES, you can only save file.
The same thing under IE4 OPENS Word without any question and really fast.
SO, i know it's not an global answer, but why don't you tell to your
customer to use IE4.
I've no special affinity with MS, but if they use Office, they can use IE
(not?)
HTH
Christian

Christian Cook a �crit:

> Have designed an intranet in Flash for a large financial group in London
> but cannot seem to get the buttons to open an application, I am using
> GET URL with the link- file:///C:\Program Files\Microsoft
> Office\Office\WINWORD.EXE
>
> But in Netscape all I am getting is a prompt to save the file rather
> than save or open.
>
> Any ideas at all. Is this at all possible??
>
> Help urgently needed. DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY.
>
> Cheers all
>
> Christian.

begin: vcard
fn: Christian Gayton
n: Gayton;Christian
org: NETLAND SARL
adr: 9 rue d'Alg�rie;;;LYON;;69001;FRANCE
email;internet: webmasteratnetland [dot] fr
title: Directeur Associ�
tel;work: (33)472078311
tel;fax: (33)467904252
x-mozilla-cpt: ;0