Subject: Re: FLASH: MC within button help
From: naoki mitsuse
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 19:26:59 GMT

Hi Marc, Thanks for your quick reply and suggestions, on a Sunday nonetheless. I went through your suggestions, and found that the movie clip does not play when put on the main timeline and does not loop. so I guess this is where the problem is. I have uploaded the .fla file (called test.fla, 17,920bytes) with the problem button and uploaded it to: http://goultralightsgo.com/naoki/project/ If you could take a look, I would really appreciate it. Also in regards to defining the behaviour of a symbol on the main timeline, Is it okay to say create a MC, and redefine it as a graphic or symbol, Or should the behaviour definition of the symbol be the same as what it is in the library? Meaning, if I have a symbol that is created as a MC, do I always have to define it's behaviour on the main timeline as a MC? Thank you very much, naoki > >I get the button image changing in the up, over, down states, only, the MC > >does not play and do it's loop. > > It should work if you have placed the MC in the over frame. Is there a > graphic on top of it that's covering it up? You don't ordinarily need any > labels or actions for a MC to loop. It will loop as long as the mouse is > over the button. Have you tried placing the MC on the main timeline to see > if it plays correctly there? Last thought: double-click the MC in the > button and make sure its behavior is selected as "movie clip." If it was > not originally created as a MC, this would be the cause of the problem. > > These are guesses. I could more easily find the problem if you would ZIP > the .fla file and post it at a URL so we could download it and check it out. -- NAOKI MITSUSE naokiatgoultralightsgo [dot] com (mailto:naokiatgoultralightsgo [dot] com) ULTRALIGHTS http://goultralightsgo.com ELVIS PAINTINGS http://goultralightsgo.com/naoki/elvis ------------------------------------------------------------------------ To UNSUBSCRIBE send: unsubscribe flasher in the body of an email to list-manageratshocker [dot] com. Problems to: owneratshocker [dot] com N.B. Email address must be the same as the one you used to subscribe. For info on digest mode send: info flasher to list-manageratshocker [dot] com