Subject: Re: FLASH: MC within button help
From: John Croteau
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 22:42:23 GMT

Naoki,

> I am on a mac and have stuffit. Would this work the
> same as zipping (and is a .fla made on a mac be workable
> on a PC?) Just in case it is, I have stuffed and uploaded
> to the below.
> http://goultralightsgo.com/naoki/project/test.fla.sit
Remove the Goto and Play action from your Movie clip and it works like
you want.
I don't know why it doesn't work with it but it isn't needed and the
redundency doesn't work in this case (MCs loop by default).

Everyone ibncluding Mac users should have a Zip utility.
Three reasons:

1) Not all servers have MIME set for sit (most do) all sites have MIME
for zip.

2) Few PC users have the Mac and unix compression schemes,

3) Many sites only have zips available for downloads.

Get a Stuffit version with zip (unfortunately the freeware version of
stuffit for the Mac doesn't come with zip).
http://www.aladdinsys.com/products/index.html

Or try ZipIt for Macs