Subject: http://www.toltecinc.com/ (was:Re: FLASH: nembie help)
From: Marc Hoffman, Poison Dart Frog Media
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 18:41:29 GMT

At 09:11 AM 2/29/00 , you wrote:
>Hi everyone!
>Im new to this and im having problems making a site look
>ssmoother. On my computer things look clean but on the web
>iit is jagged and the sound is slow and getting cutoff. I
>think it is my Publish settings? Can somebody please help.
>Thank you!
>http://www.toltecinc.com/

I see no problem other than that the tweening is of a pretty complex
object, so tends to get jerky on a slower machine. probably also you're
trying to play it before it's sufficiently loaded. Use Bandwidth Profiler
(an option while using TestMovie) to see how fast this loads over Internet
connections. Then simplify to reduce file size, or find a way to spread
content download over a longer time.

You probably can reduce a lot of your elements to symbols for re-use, which
will help. For starters, your main object is symmetrical, so you should at
the very least chop it in half, make it a symbol, duplicate and flip the
half to recreate the whole. But there are sub-elements that can also be
used as symbols, such as the bracelets.

I think you'll need to do less tweening, however, unless your target
audience all have fast computers with mid- to high-end graphics display cards.

Also suggest you use "start" instead of "event" for sound sync type, so it
doesn't layer over itself. It's a pretty jarring sound as it is!

hope this helps,

Marc Hoffman

Poison Dart Frog Media: Specializing in Flash Animation and Digital Audio
Production
Our latest Flash job is on display at <http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/rickfrnd>
See our Flash portfolio at <http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/portfolio>
(featured in Flash 3 Web Animation, by Ken Milburn)

flasher is generously supported by...