Subject: Re: FLASH: Selfish (Sidenote)
From: Cheri Harder
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 22:56:57 GMT

Wow, Daniel. I've been on this list for a good many months (a year, maybe?)
and I don't think I miss many posts...but I can remember only ONE request of
this sort...just the other day somebody said they had time & wanted a
freebie project to learn by. I don't think I have every seen another
request for any kind of mentor or internship. And that one, I believe, was
met with a "challenge" of sorts, that is a suggested project for whomever it
was.

I, for one, not to be confused with an "advanced flasher," don't even have
any work for myself yet, much less any work to give someone else. As for a
requirement for a particular job posted to the list or anywhere else, I
don't think it is inappropriate to require the applicant be experienced.
Hell, they can require that the applicant be a graduate of Harvard if they
want, it's their job posting and their client. I know, it's the age-old
question of "how do I get experience if the jobs all require experience" -
but I don't think that makes the "advanced flasher" OR the poster of a
particular position "selfish"

My 2 cents
~~~~Cheri Harder~~~~~
charderatawsolution [dot] com