Subject: Re: [flasher] Flash vrs Director
From: Anthony Smith
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 22:20:02 -0000

on 23/2/01 3:31 AM, illOgic at illogicatinterx2 [dot] com wrote:

> I have seen this argument many times on this list and have read all the
> emails.
> but until this point I have not used or even touched director. I am
> currently building a CD prez for a client who insists that the CD be done in
> director. because if he wanted it in flash, he would "do it himself".
>
>> From what I have used night and day for the past week and a half, this
> program is absolute sh**.
>
> everything needs to come from other program, I.E. animations,transitions,
> and the lingo for this cant do anything that flash cant do, that I can see.
> I might be wrong, but before mud starts being thrown, I would just like to
> know if there is one thing that can be said that is good about director.
>
> i hate it.
> thats just me.
> any comments?

hahhaah... :) its a lot less intuitive to use.. but its more powerful ( tho
flash is catching up in leaps and bounds ) .. the lingo is similar to
flash's tho.. so you should get the jist of it.. :) its main feature is its
bitmaps usage and its ability to import quicktimes and stuff.. very cool..

its deffinately worth learning.. stick with it man :)

8_b!t_b@y