Subject: Re: [flasher] RE: Interactive bus time-table
From: Thorvald Neumann
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 13:36:31 -0000

Hejsan!

Friday, February 16, 2001, 2:40:50 PM, the admirable Helen Triolo wrote:
> The hard part is the logic behind the map, of course.

Thank you for your excellent analysis of the situation.

> If they're on different routes, you have to look for an intersecting
> point (that's where the backend logic gets nasty, I think,
> especially if you have more than 2 routes) and then dump the
> appropriate segments of mc's as above if found.

If you follow this link to the busmap of Muenster, you will see were
the BIG problem is: http://www.muenster.de/~hrafn/busplan-ms.gif
(125K).

We have c. 20 seperate buslines and a few hundred busstops throughout
the city.

> It does sound like a complicated undertaking, but an interesting
> one.

I agree wholeheartly.

Best wishes,

Thorvald Neumann