Subject: FLASH: site for check . . MIME is set . . . <wink>
From: Daniel Votino
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 02:49:37 GMT

Hi All . . .

I know wading through a million emails can be a lengthy process especially
when they all request URL checks.

I have just finished touching up an unnoficial product demonstration site
and if anyone is bored or so inclined, I would warmly welcome any comments
or reports on any difficulties encountered. I am using Windows 98, IE 4 and
am interested in how Macs fare especially.

I am using no special scripts and there is no alternative "non-flashed" site
as of yet.
It is straight aftershock. I will start from there to see what I will need
to do to bring it up to user freindliness across the board. There is of
course an intro you will have to sit through, hopefully entertaining enought
to take away the pain. The second time you visit you would see that I have
implemeted an "If frame Loaded - play such and such movie clip" so that if
it sees the swf it in your cache already or you have a good enough connect
and it sees a greater portion of it is downloaded, you have the ability to
simply skip the intro/preloader. Unfortunately, unless you have a great
connection, you dont get the skip button on your first visit. =(

Also, Id like to thank all of you who have taken the time to answer mine and
others questions. It has helped tremendously in the creation of this demo.
You folks are wonderful! "Flash! . . . .ahh . . ahhh" . . . . . . (Freddy
Mercury & the Gang!)

Thanx! =)

www.descry.com/manleydemo

~Daniel