Subject: Re: FLASH: OT: Kiosk mode
From: Wayne Townsend
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 01:19:21 GMT

>>Does anyone have the code to flip the browser into Kiosk mode when they go
>>to my site? Can't find it.
>>
>>TIA,
>>
>>/wayne
>
>I don't understand the question. What do you mean by "flip the browser
>into Kiosk mode?"

Hi Matt,

I mean you have a standard page. When you click a link, it opens a new
window in kiosk mode. It takes over the screen, takes out most items from
the menubar, etc., basically locking you into that "channel" until you
close the wd.

The reason I want to do this, is that I want to size the window to the
screen size - max. Also, it needs to run in non v4 browsers (so the
"screen" JS function is out). The background image (an arial map) is sized
for a 21" screen, but can be reduced in steps under user control.

I'm getting it to open in kiosk mode in my open wd JS - I guess, because
most of the menus are gone, and the wd is clean, but it's not sizing to the
screen, which it *should* be doing. <Arrrg>

Maybe it's because I'm running 2 monitors. I dunno.

I've spent hours searching the web w/no luck. :(

/w

Wayne Townsend
waynetattopher [dot] net
http://www.WebStaffing.Net