Subject: Re: FLASH: User System Information Database . . .
From: Daniel Votino
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 02:39:12 GMT

>Oh, somebody suggested developing a database of system information for
>users of this list. Unfortunately, what was NOT done was to determine just
who >was going to manage the database or mandate that responses be handled
"off >list."

Hi Byron,
Would this imply that having them posted here and saved in a mail folder
for example by each user who would like that info on hand would not be a
good idea? I would be happy to maintain a list elsewhere for everyone if
that is truly a better idea but I wonder if people would bother with it
outside this list. In fact I am wondering if many of you even think it
worth it. I can think of many reasons why it would be useful to a "flashing
community" such as this. Because I did not hear much about it from anyone,
I was beginning to wonder if my mail had actully gotten through. So anyone
have any thoughts they want to add or shall we drop the idea all together?

~daniel

Example by Bernie: =)