Subject: Re: FLASH: lots of text = s l o w : (
From: Byron Canfield
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 23:01:22 GMT

If you're peforming movement with the tween of large blocks of text,
there's just not much you can do about the drop in frame rate, other than
change the quality level to "Autohigh". One thing you can do to accommodate
that, however, is, through the use of FSCommand, toggle the quality level
so that the AutoHigh setting is only in effect for the duration of the
tween. The reason this may work for you is that, since the object is in
motion, less quality is discernable. One it comes to rest, the return to
high quality is enough to fool the human eye into thinking it was that way
all along.

If you are doing color effect changes, such as actual color change,
gradients or Alpha settings, there are some workarounds taht you can do
with masks and/or overlayed objects, such that the visual effect is there;
it's just accomplished a different way.