Subject: Can Flash read a text file for input??
From: Jeffrey Fitzgerald
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 16:14:17 -0000

Hello Flashers,

Working on a flash presentation that will be using text to title
people speaking during the
show. It would be nice to be able to make only one flash SWF and have it
read an associated
text file to get the names, dept., etc. In other words I have a flash
template and I add a simple
text file in which the SWF reads upon startup. The text file would contain
the presenter details, etc.

Thsi way I don't have to make a new flash movie for every single
presentation...