Subject: Re: [flasher] how was this 3d map made?
From: Gregg Caines
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 20:48:15 -0000

I bet this was just illustrated by hand... You could do the same, but if
you want any kind of rotation around it, a 3d program would be
necessary (unless you want to hand-draw it, frame by frame!)...

If you have an overhead map, you should trace it in a vector program,
and import it into some 3d program for extrusion. Most of the buildings
look like basic extruded shapes, so it wouldn't be that hard... Then you
can use swift3d or vecta or illustrate! to export to SWF.

Gregg Caines
n e o m e t r i x systems inc.
http://www.neometrixsystems.com
gcainesatneometrixsystems [dot] com