Subject: Re: New Browser Window: 2 Questions
From: Colin Moock
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 19:02:10 +0100

flasheratshocker [dot] com,Internet writes:
>Hi, Colin. Your tutorial was all I needed, but the above tip would be a
>nice touch.

>Being java illiterate, I need to know: What's the syntax for placing the
>above function call in my html window?

There are quite a few options. If your close button is in your Flash
movie, then the options are the same as they are for the launching of
the window. Eg: using "javascript:functionname()" as the Network URL,
or calling a page that has the close function in the ONLOAD of the body
as in:
<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE></TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FF7F00" ONLOAD="closewin()">

If, on the other hand, you want to link from your HTML, you could use
something more like:

<HTML>
<HEAD>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
>function exit(){
> self.close()
>}
</SCRIPT>

</HEAD>

<BODY>
<A HREF="javascript:exit()">Close Window</A>
</BODY>
</HTML>

or
<A HREF="#" ONCLICK="javascript:exit()">Close Window</A>

You can do it a bunch of other ways too. I kinda depends on what you
want your page to do. Might be a good idea to get an intro to
javascript book, or look around the web for some tutorials.
www.webreference.com has quite decent stuff. so does builder.com, or
http://www.javascriptsource.com/ or
http://www.btinternet.com/~martin.webb/

Good luck!