Subject: Fortune Teller with music
From: Dorian Nisinson
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 21:43:50 +0100

I added music to the Fortune teller and have run into a problem.
http://www.bway.net/~dorian/FortuneT.htm
I have two pieces of music- intro and chorus. I want the music to play
intro once, chorus twice and then back to intro once and chorus twice
and on and on unless the user clicks on the sound off button.
The way I've done it was to create a movie clip with 4 layers
Layer 1 is for buttons.
Layer 2 is for intro. ( starts at frame 1 )
Layer 3 is for chorus. ( starts at frame 64 ends at frame 319 )
Layer 4 is for actions.
Frame one has a button with the action go to and stop to label no
music. No music is at the end of the movie clip and is has blank
keyframes in all layer sexcept buttons ( which contains a turn music
back on button) and an action that says stop.
The next to the last frame contains a go to frame one and play action.
I found I had to allow frames equal to the length of the music and the
number of loops in order for it to play properly. I also found that
there is the briefest hitch in the music at the end of the second loop
before it goes to the beginning and plays the sequence again.
The third oddness is that None of this works if I make the sounds
events. It only works if the sound streams.
In case you haven't guessed, I am less than familiar with sound
management in Flash. Is there a better way to do this. I'd like the
sounds to be events as they are smaller but can't figure out how.

Dorian
--
Dorian Nisinson Design
dorianatbway [dot] net (mailto:dorianatbway [dot] net)

The Flash Fortune Teller
Ask and you shall be answered!
http://www.bway.net/~dorian/FortuneT.htm

Flash Central-- The Source for Flash Information
http://www.FlashCentral.com/

http://www.bway.net/~dorian
Graphic Design, Illustration, Flash Design
Photoshop 4 Actions too