Subject: Re: FLASH: Minimizing Movie Size
From: Karin Christensen
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 01:33:25 +0100

>>Will bitmaps in your library actually increase a movies file size? I
>>was under the immpression that your library was merely a storage bin
>>and was independent of the exported movie
>
>You are correct. What affects movie size is those library elements
that are
>actually used in the movie.

I was under the impression that everything in the library is exported
with the movie. That's why there is the 'select unused media' choice.
If you delete unused media your movie will be reduced in size. For
instance I am working on a site with several bitmaps. They were
imported as 300 x 300 pixels in size. I reduced them in the movie to
60 x 60 pixels but the movie on export was huge. When I reduced the
original bitmaps then updated them in the library with the smaller
files the exported size of the movie was reduced significantly.
Karin