Subject: Re: FLASH: Explorer 4.5 mac (attn: jd)
From: Colin Moock
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 02:15:03 +0100

flasheratshocker [dot] com,Internet writes:
>For the original pages of "boB", I went there, and clicked links, and
>burrowed through the framesets, and the page I *guess* you might be talking
>about just a regular 100% sizing applied to the SWF. This generally sizes
>itself to the window, no problem.

in all the tests i've done, mac ie 4.5 has added an unexplainable and
unpreventable gap above flash movies. i have exhaustively tried to get rid of
it with combinations of body tags, hidden frame framesets, and scale options
in flash embed/object statements. the technique in the article i have on
filling the entire browser window at:
www.moock.org/webdesign/flash/fillthewindow.html
works on all browsers except mac ie 4.5.

now that we have your attention jd, can you duplicate this problem? if you
need an example site that shows the situation, you can try the demos in my
collision detection article:
http://www.moock.org/webdesign/flash/actionscript/collision/
in fact, even GWEN! is sadly the victim of this problem:
http://www.moock.org/gwen/

if you *can* duplicate the problem, do you have a solution? if not, when can
we expect the technote warning of the problem :P

respectfully,
colin

--
-