Subject: Re: FLASH: Tracing Bitmaps - Movie Sequences....
From: Marc Hoffman (Dart Frog Media)
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 23:41:32 +0100

At 11:21 PM 7/30/99 +0100, you wrote:
> i was under the impression that "tracing" was, in effect, converting
>the file over to a vector based format? so why is my file size so large?

It's large because the vector drawings are large, which is a result of
having (probably) many thousands of points and curves in each one. Vectors
can be more compact than bitmaps, but only when you limit the number of
points and curves. Autotracing must be set up pretty carefully, especially
with complex bitmaps, or the results can exceed the originals in file size.