Subject: Re: FLASH: I really need your help guys
From: JamieD
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 12:57:46 +0100

Thanks for replying Frederico

I just tried using the save as, no joy.
I have already tried turning the extensions off
I have tried allocating flash 200MB, still crashes. The fla file is only
400k and has no complex scripting or large graphics and has no sound
I have tried deleting the prefs file also

I tried the file on another mac. The only PC with flash in the office is a
demo version and this has run out.

I am staring to think there may be some sort of font problem, or something
to do with the macromedia Libraries. because of the following

1- I opened the macromedia library item called 'check box' so I could see
how they had made theirs. I never used the item in my movie. When I try to
delete the item from my library flash crashes with the same error (type 2).

2- I tried copying the scenes that are working into a new file, the is some
weird black shapes on the stage that looks like squashed text. They are not
actually there, I cannot select them and they are not on any frame.

What are the best types of fonts to use with flash? I am using mainly
Postscript level1 fonts. I have tried to replace all of the fonts in my
movie with True Type fonts, This is when weird things started happening. (I
only started changing the fonts after flash started crashing).

JamieD