Subject: Re: ISP needs Flash site,chance for exposure
From: Karen Parry
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 03:08:59 +0100

>So if you find yourself in the enviable position of having
>"too much talent", yet also in the not-so-enviable position of
>having "too little work", then do what Gabo did. Build a site to
>promote **your business**...not the business of some other company.
>Because the only commercial entity that deserves your free work is
>YOUR OWN!

Absolutely in agreement here. Never, never work for a commercial entity for
free. There's no respect coming your way and if you do it, you'll get what
you deserve.

OTOH, I am a big supporter of doing free/pro bono work for non-profits.
Everyone deserves good design. Non-profits don't always have the cash to
get it. In a commercial enterprise good design is a cost of doing business.
If you can't afford it your attitude or business plan need some adjustment.

If you have so much time, do the non-profit or self website way. Me I take
a break when it gets slack.

Cheers,
Karen

Karen Parry/Black Graphics