Subject: FLASH: (Expanded) working with variables
From: Jason Murray
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 19:47:07 +0100

Just to elaborate on my previous post on working with variables.

Problem: doesn't seem to recognize the variable properties. Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Here's the code for 2 of the buttons. I am setting the value for button then
sending the playhead to the "run" frame. The playhead then runs through a 5
frames (a transition) then depending on the value of the variable goes to
the corresponding labelled frame.

-- Button one --
On (Release)

Set Variable: button = "wall"

Go to and Play ("run")

End On

-- Button two --
On (Release)

Set Variable: button = "frieghts"

Go to and Play ("run")

End On

-- This frame directs the playhead depending on "button" value --
Stop

If (button = "wall")

Go to and Play ("spraywall")

End If