Subject: Re: Wishes anyone?
From: John Croteau
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 19:37:48 GMT

Ho Colin,

I don't quite follow your workaround John? Can you re-explain?

It's not a work around, it's the logical and direct procedure. I will
try to explain better, but it will be very obvious once you have done it
and the logic should jump out at you. Of course, it wasn't in the book,
nor was it described anywhere else that I have seen. It is in a couple
of the FlashTech Resource notes that haven't been posted, yet.

<< when i copy frames and paste them onto another document/layer why
does
<< flash 2.0 automatically throw in a blank key frame behind it? i find
that
<< annoying and never useful.

The blank frame is already there.
But, you can eliminate this easily in Flash2. Highlight the empty frame
or
any frames you want to replace, then right click and paste the new
frames over them and the old frames will be deleted. If you highlight
and then right click to paste
then there is no need to delete the frame(s).

If you paste frames by just clicking a frame then the original frame
remains.
However, if you first highlight the frame(s) then right click you will
replace the highlighted frames. Highlighted frames appear black in
Flash2.

Sorry for being redundant, but hope everyone can understand now.