Subject: Re: FW: Shockwave Licensing Petition - shockwave for free!
From: Rob Koberg - Home
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 05:07:15 +0100

You know...

I have not taken this all the way and haven't visited it for a while
but, I think there is a way to distribute Flash and Director Shockwave
for free. If you sign up with microsoft to be a distributor of their
browser (which is free and easy). Then you automatically get to
distribute several other things for free of which I believe are the
controls for Director and Flash. I believe the argument MM will give
is, "Well, your clients won't be getting the most up to date version."
What I say to that is great. Who cares? I would feel better about what
I developed if it was running under the engine it was created for.

oh well...
Rob