Subject: Re: timeline shifting
From: Paul Hagwood
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 15:15:34 +0100

>i've made an animation that i like which consists
>of 5 channels across 10 or so frames with flash
>doing the tweening.
>
>now, i'd like to insert an additional animation
>in front of this one in the timeline. to give myself
>some workspace, i insert some frames at frame 1,
>but all this does is leave the existing keyframe
>there and inserts a new tween frame at 2 and shifts
>everything down.
>
>is there no way to move these frames out of their
>current position in time a la premiere or director?
>
>i'm convinced that i'm missing something totally
>obvious, but the help files don't answer my question.
>
>thanks-
>
>-todd

I think I know what you are talking about and I think I have had the
same problem. Each new layer starts with a key frame and when you try to
paste in more frames it leaves the first key frame there (including
whatever was in it). Is that what you are talking about? If so, all you
have to do is grab that particular cell and move it to the new position.
It's a pain but I think it's the solution.