Subject: Re: Shockwave Licensing Petition - shockwave *is* free!
From: Dimmy
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 20:12:37 +0100

Hello all (esp.John D from MM),

I am a VB developer, and I am considering using Flash in perhaps the
splash page and even in the About page. Does that mean I have to pay
Macromedia, even tho' I bought a copy of Flash? If that is the case, please
let me know, then i would seriously reconsider my usage of Flash in my VB
programs.Please advise.

I am also curious to know; what if, let's say. I have made an animation
in Flash, and I would like to show it to a potential employer on his
computer. Problem is, he does not have Shockwave installed on his system
(and it would seem a terrible imposition to install something on his
system). Is there a way I can show him the work with a stand-alone viewer?
(Like in MS PowerPoint -- which allows its users to create an EXE which
could run on any PC regardless of whether they have Powerpoint installed on
their system or not). If there is such a viewer. Would we have to pay MM for
using it? If not, what other options can you recommend (considering that
installing the shockwave onto his system is out of the question.)

If anybody has any recommendations, please let me know! Thanks!

Dimmy