Subject: Re: FLASH: crashing flash on mac
From: John Kershaw
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 04:47:12 +0100

Naoki,

I had a similar experience (and it nearly drove me nuts). In the end I did
a save as every twenty minutes or so (save doesn't seem to work the same in
Flash as other apps...) and eventually the problems stopped happening. One
of those 'I didn't notice it had gone until it was too late to spot whether
I'd done anything to fix it' situations.

Hope your problem goes away too!

John.

>Thanks for the replies and bummed to know about this funky bug.
>
>After doing everything I know to my mac (norton, disintectant, zap pram,
>rebuild desketop, reinstall flash etc etc) I at least got it to the
>point where the crashes doesnt corrupt the working file anymore. The
>crashes are still a real headache and find myself holding my breath when
>I edit actions.
>
>naoki
>

>"Russell E. Unger" wrote:
>>
>> I had something very similar to this occur to me.
>>
>> The only resolution to this was for me to move the files on my network and
>> to continue on the PC side of things, I'm sad to say.
>
>Wayne Townsend wrote:
>>
>> All severe crashes on Macs that you describe happen when editing actions.
>>
>> I've verified this with others. And on multiple CPUs. It ain't just me.
>>
>> Now I always save frequently when editing actions. But this costs me time
>> & money - I won't mention frustration.
>>
>> It's a bug. Let's hope it gets fixed in the next version, as well as the
>> extreamly annoying (cross-platform) bug with selection of lines. -- If you
>> want some real fun, try to make a line grid.
>>
>> Aside from these two, flash is nearly faultless.

Where would we be without prepositions?