Subject: RE: FLASH: please check this 3D spinning "K"
From: JECJ
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 03:06:59 +0100

Where is it?

-----Original Message-----
From: d.l.cheseldine [SMTP:d [dot] l [dot] cheseldineatbham [dot] ac [dot] uk]
Sent: Monday, March 29, 1999 1:38 PM
To: flasheratshocker [dot] com
Subject: FLASH: please check this 3D spinning "K"

Please look at my attempt to create a 3D spinning "K".

I think 20K is rather large for this movie - it's only 18 frames long (18
separate stages of rotation). Here's how I did it - any advice very
welcome.

I copied and pasted my graphics from MacroModel. Once pasted in Flash, I
then did a "Trace Bitmap" operation on it choosing after some time
"1,1,tight,many corners" as my parameters. After this operation, I had a
fairly faithful representation of the gradient shading of the original, so
I didn't do anything else - I just piled up the graphics on consecutive
frames.

I'd like to get the file size down and I'd like to make it look neater. To
be honest I haven't understood some of the advice about recreating the
gradient fills.

Thanks in advance

dave Cheseldine

--
David Cheseldine | Email: d [dot] l [dot] cheseldineatbham [dot] ac [dot] uk
Multimedia Developer |