Subject: Re: FLASH: small movie to determine whether user has plugin installed
From: Sienna
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 18:27:36 +0100

I do this also, making a mini movie to test for shockwave, however; I saw
something I like even better. Someone here, I believe from Macromedia,
mentioned the new Disney site.

I went to look at it the flash movie told ME I already had flash. How did
it do that?

Another thing, I wanted to see what would happen if I told it to install
shockwave and I was impressed. It didn't send me to the normal macromedia
site to select from their autinstall menu. It just did it on it's own. Is
this type of setup available to all flashers or just to big companies like
Disney who can bypass the normal setup of sending ppl to the Macromedia
site first? I'd love it if my visitors could get auto install without
going to another site!

Sienna