Subject: Macromedia Conference Japan 98
From: Ben Rottler
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 01:46:01 +0100

Hello Flashers,

I just stepped onto the Flash bandwagon recently and luckily I was
just in time to sign up for the MM conference May 18-20 here in Tokyo. I
wondered if any of this list would be coming and if so, if it would be
possible to meet and wax on about the future of the internet. Plus I just
happen to be completely fluent in Japanese so I can order the beer! Also
any tips on which seminars I shouldn't miss would be appreciated. (maybe
too late by now but there is always subterfuge.)
I have been in Tokyo for about a year now (three in Japan
altogether) and despite all of thier advances in technology the Internet as
a business organism is just beginning to really show its head. Things are
just starting to get interesting... can't wait for Flash 3 J...anyway hope
to see some of you folks next week!

Ben

(new flash site in currently in the works. hopefully I'll have something up
by the weekend. First I'm going to have to buy a keyboard with Function
keys... I can't believe there isn't a command-key shortcut for Insert
keyframe. gah. oh... if anyone knows of a Mac shareware/freeware program
that will let me re-route the shortcuts please let me know! Thanks)

Ben Rottler
Nippon University, College of Arts, Film Department, Graduate Studies in
Visual Arts

iowaboyatinterlink [dot] or [dot] jp
Check out my webpage at http://home.interlink.or.jp/~iowaboy/
(Soon to be reborn-check it out!)
or, Fax me at 03-3953-6409 (thats country code 81...you drop the 0)
Also home of Ben's Translation Service.
English<->Japanese or Japanese<->English (Homepage help also available.)
means fire and the word combustion means fire, but not in the same sense of
means. The word means is ambiguous. To say that smoke means fire is to say
that smoke is a symptom, sign, indication, or evidence for fire. To say
that the word combustion means fire is to say that people use the word to
mean fire. Furthermore, there is no ordinary sense of the word mean in
which a picture of man means a man or means that man. " G. Harman, 1977