Subject: Flash Xtra crash
From: Chris Kawalek
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 03:23:48 +0100

Hello,

I'm not sure this is the most appropriate forum for this, but I hope so.
I'm experiencing a severe crashing problem with a Flash file used in
conjunction with the Flash Asset Xtra for Director. The Flash file has an
embedded audio file and was authored in Flash Macintosh 2.0r11. The Xtra
is version 1.0.1r10. Here's what's happening:

The SWF file is imported into a DIR movie with the Xtra. The Flash piece
plays perfectly, but on its conclusion another Director movie is opened.
That movie has a couple of AIFFs in the score. EVERY TIME the second
movie is opened, the piece crashes hard and a complete restart is
required. This happens both in projectors and authoring (Dir 6.0.2 Mac).
If I delete the AIFFs from the score, the crash is avoided.

This appears to be a very different problem than one I've seen described
involving sending the Flash sprite messages after its span is complete.
This problem seems to be directly involved with the AIFF files in the
Director file. I'm wondering if anyone has seen anything like this? I'm
thinking the conflict probably involves the embedded audio in the Flash
file, but I don't really have a way to test that right now.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,
Chris